The Coffee Compass
January 18, 2016
The Brewed Coffee Compass is very simple to use:
- Brew a coffee.
- Taste it.
- If you experience any negative flavours, find them on the map (left).
- Those flavours are now the center of the compass (right).
- Find the direction you need to travel in order to get back in the green.
- When you brew the next cup, do whatever that arrow says.
- Rinse and repeat.
Enjoy, and please let me know how you go!
Please note, this compass doesn’t:
- work for espresso.
- take into account that your coffee might be of poor quality or roasted badly.
- care about brewing temperature. Just use boiling water.
If you found this useful and want to enjoy delicious coffee with the rest of the community – register for our monthly Superlatives coffee subscription. Or if you just want to keep up with every thing Barista Hustle - sign up to the Newsletter.
Immersion vs Drip Coffee Brewers
There are two main types of coffee brewer - drip, and immersion. They each make coffee slightly differently, but one ...
Barista Hustle Water Recipe
Water can be responsible for highlighting acidity, increasing body, and slowing down -or speeding up- extraction, alo...
Cool Earth - How the Barista Hustle community helps
Barista Hustle is proud to support Cool Earth. We donate $1 from every package we send, for each and every subscrib...