The Coffee Compass
January 18, 2016
The Brewed Coffee Compass is very simple to use:
- Brew a coffee.
- Taste it.
- If you experience any negative flavours, find them on the map (left).
- Those flavours are now the center of the compass (right).
- Find the direction you need to travel in order to get back in the green.
- When you brew the next cup, do whatever that arrow says.
- Rinse and repeat.
Enjoy, and please let me know how you go!
Please note, this compass doesn’t:
- work for espresso.
- take into account that your coffee might be of poor quality or roasted badly.
- care about brewing temperature. Just use boiling water.
If you found this useful and want to enjoy delicious coffee with the rest of the community – register for our monthly Superlatives coffee subscription. Or if you just want to keep up with every thing Barista Hustle - sign up to the Newsletter.
The Cowculator It’s time people. For the second instalment of our series on milk, we give you “The Cowculator”. The C...
I'm Matt Perger Barista & Boundary Pusher Everything I do is focused on consistency, accuracy and deliciousness...
Strength and Dilution Calculators These interactive calculators will help you understand the effect of adding water t...