The Coffee Compass
January 18, 2016
The Brewed Coffee Compass is very simple to use:
- Brew a coffee.
- Taste it.
- If you experience any negative flavours, find them on the map (left).
- Those flavours are now the center of the compass (right).
- Find the direction you need to travel in order to get back in the green.
- When you brew the next cup, do whatever that arrow says.
- Rinse and repeat.
Enjoy, and please let me know how you go!
Please note, this compass doesn’t:
- work for espresso.
- take into account that your coffee might be of poor quality or roasted badly.
- care about brewing temperature. Just use boiling water.
If you found this useful and want to enjoy delicious coffee with the rest of the community – register for our monthly Superlatives coffee subscription. Or if you just want to keep up with every thing Barista Hustle - sign up to the Newsletter.
Barista Hustle has been a great way to share surface-level information with the coffee community, and it’s so far he...
DIY Extraction Tasting
The very first post on Barista Hustle was about understanding the taste of extraction. This week I’d like to share a ...
The Cowculator It’s time people. For the second instalment of our series on milk, we give you “The Cowculator”. The C...