The Coffee Compass
January 18, 2016
The Brewed Coffee Compass is very simple to use:
- Brew a coffee.
- Taste it.
- If you experience any negative flavours, find them on the map (left).
- Those flavours are now the center of the compass (right).
- Find the direction you need to travel in order to get back in the green.
- When you brew the next cup, do whatever that arrow says.
- Rinse and repeat.
Enjoy, and please let me know how you go!
Please note, this compass doesn’t:
- work for espresso.
- take into account that your coffee might be of poor quality or roasted badly.
- care about brewing temperature. Just use boiling water.
If you found this useful and want to enjoy delicious coffee with the rest of the community – register for our monthly Superlatives coffee subscription. Or if you just want to keep up with every thing Barista Hustle - sign up to the Newsletter.
Strength and Dilution Calculators These interactive calculators will help you understand the effect of adding water t...
Want to help the world make better coffee?
**This position has been filled by a wonderful human** As you may have noticed, Barista Hustle is ramping up all kind...
2017 Predictions and Promises
2017 is shaping up to be a massive year for Barista Hustle and the coffee community at large. The following is a few ...